- The WWD is a public agency that distributes treated water to and collects sewage from nearly 4,000 customers.
- The District bills customers every two month on arrears, so the current bill is for service for the previous two months (or partially if new customer of the District). Usual mailing dates are the 15th of January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- The bills consist of a water charge and meter service charge.
- Effective July 1, 2008, the sewer service charges are no longer billed bi-monthly. Instead, the sewer service charges are billed through the county's property tax bill.
Effective July 1, 2022
The District gets its water from the San Francisco Water Department (SFPUC). The SFPUC uses chloramine (a mixture of chlorine and ammonia) to disinfect the water. Chloraminated water is safe for people and animals; however, precautions must be taken to remove or neutralize chloramine during kidney dialysis process, in the preparation of water for fish tanks and ponds, and for businesses requiring highly processed water. Please ask District personnel for additional information.
The District bills customers for the actual units that are registered by the water meter. Water meters are read bimonthly. The District bills customers on arrears, so the current bill is for service for the previous two months (or partially if new customer of the District).
The water rate is currently $8.58 per unit, with one unit (HCF) equaling 748 gallons of water or 100 cubic feet. There is no minimum charge.
Effective July 1, 2022
The sewer service charge pays for water that goes down the drain(s), which needs to be treated in order to be released into the ocean. District's wastewater is processed by the City of Daly City’s North San Mateo County Sanitation District (NSMCSD).
The sewer service rate is currently: $11.05 per unit. There is a minimum charge of 12 units annually or $132.60.
Effective July 1, 2008, the sewer service charges are billed through the county's property tax bill.
Calculation of Sewer Charges
Customers' sewer charges are based on their January and February water consumption. These two months fall during our rainy season; hence, water used during this period is normally used for indoor use only and not for landscaping, etc. The sewer service charge is adjusted annually on July 1st of each year.
New Customers Sewer Charges
New customers sewer charges are based on the current assessment until they have established their own consumption during the base period of January and February. The sewer service charge is then adjusted annually on July 1st of each year.
Meter Service Charge
Effective July 1, 2021
The meter service charge for residential customers is currently: $44.00 (for 5/8" meters) and $58.41 (for 3/4" meters) per bimonthly period. Please see chart below for the bi-monthly meter service charges for all other meter sizes.
|Meter Size||Current Rate|
Late Charges and Penalties
Late Payment Charges are assessed as follows:
- Unpaid Balances after 20 days of the billing date, a 3.5% of the past-due amount or a minimum charge of $3.50, whichever is greater.
- Unpaid Balances after 30 days of the billing date, an additional 5% of the past-due amount or a minimum charge of $5.00, whichever is greater.
Shut Off Notice Fee (previously Door Collection Fee): A $30.00 charge will be added to the amount due once a notice for shutoff has been issued for non-payment.
Reconnection Charges: Charges to have water turned back on are $50.00 during regular business hours and $115.00 after office hours (this includes weekends and holidays). It is unlawful for anyone other than Westborough Water District personnel to turn the water on. Violation will result in meter removal and a $50.00 fee.
Return Check Fees: A $30.00 fee shall be charged to any customer for any check (or ACH entry) returned by the bank unpaid.
Charge Back Fees: A $40.00 fee shall be charged to any customer for any credit card reversals (charge back) by the credit card company.
Options for Paying Your Bill
Currently, bills may be paid (OFFICE CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DUE TO COVID-19):
- In person at the District Office: 2263 Westborough Blvd., South San Francisco during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (cash, checks, money orders, Visa, and MasterCard).
The Westborough Water District is being required to make improvements to our parking lot to add a handicap parking space which will reduce the number of customer parking spaces from five to two spaces. With limited parking, we urge customers to sign-up for automatic payment deductions or use the District’s drive-up drop box, preferably during non-working hours. Our parking lot tends to get really full on the due date of the bills and it will become even more challenging after the improvements are made. So, please note that if your payment is placed in the drop box on the due date, it will be considered timely received as long as it is in the box by the time we open the office at 8 a.m., the following business day.
- After-hours in our convenient 24-hour payment drop off box located near the garage at the District Office. Please do not drop off cash in this box.
- By mail: Westborough Water District, P.O. Box 2747, South San Francisco, CA 94083-2747 (checks or money orders only).
- Direct Payment: You may also sign up for our Direct Payment Program from your checking or savings account. Click here to download ACH Form (PDF).
- Online Payments: Make a one-time payment or sign up for recurring payments using your Visa, MasterCard, or personal check through WWD's secure online bill pay option here.
Rate and Fee Schedule
The latest revision to the Rate and Fee Schedule was adopted by the WWD Board of Directors on September 9, 2021, under Resolution 636.
Residential Water Service Termination Policy
This policy is adopted to satisfy Westborough Water District's obligations under California Government Code Section 60370 et seq., California Public Utilities Code Section 10001 et seq. and Health and Safety Code Section 116900 et seq., which govern the termination of certain utility service.