High-Efficiency Washing Machine Rebate Program
The District continues to offer a rebate to customers who purchase high-efficiency washing machines that use less water and consume less energy than conventional models. As of December 31, 2016, the District no longer offers the program that was administered by BAWSCA and PG&E.
Effective January 1, 2017, the District now offers one single rebate of $100 per washing machine when you purchase a qualifying ENERGY STAR ® label efficient clothes washer.
To Qualify for a Rebate:
- The exact brand and model number of the washing machine that you purchase must be on the list of qualifying machines. The Westborough Water District offers $100.00 on a high-efficiency clothes washer. For more information, please visit www.energystar.gov/products/appliances/clothes_washers
- To qualify for this rebate, you must have a water service account from the Westborough Water District (WWD).
- Applicants must contact the WWD Office to pre-qualify if applicant is not listed on the water service account.
- Buy and install your new washer starting January 1, 2017. Any purchases made prior to this date do not qualify for this rebate. Applications are accepted on first-come, first-served basis. The program may be modified or terminated without prior notice.
- Clothes washer must be purchased, installed and rebate application postmarked within 60 days of purchase to be considered for rebate. There's a limit on one rebate per five-year period.
For more information on the program and to get a rebate application form, please click here. Rebate forms are also available at the WWD Office.
High-Efficiency Toilet (HET) Rebate Program
In a continuing effort to help our customers reduce water consumption, the WWD offers a rebate of up to $100 per toilet if you replace a toilet with a water-efficient model.
To Qualify for a Rebate:
- To qualify for the $100 rebate, the toilet that you purchase must be a MaP Premium HET.
- To qualify for the $50 rebate, the toilet that you purchase must be an EPA WaterSense Labeled HET (effective January 1, 2014, all toilets purchased at retail locations in California should meet this criteria).
- You must have water service from the Westborough Water District (WWD).
- HET installation and rebate application postmark must be completed within 90 days of purchase date.
- Additional program eligibility rules and details are listed on the HET Rebate Application.
For more information on the program and to get a rebate application form, please visit www.bayareaconservation.org/rebates/toilets. Rebate forms are also available at the WWD Office.